Ani's Home

We lost our daughter Ani to Lupus a few days after her 12th birthday. The virtual world of the Internet helps to keep her moments alive and share them with others. The first posting was on August 2005 To read all past postings from 2005 onward, please go to https://toani.blogspot.com/ and you will see all the previous entries listed. Click on the one you wish to read.

Monday, April 06, 2009

Fleur de Lys

I do not know if you know. I do not know if you see. Yet, spring is back with rain and blossom. The clay dirt is still cold; graveyards still silent. Soon it will be shade upon your stone, shaped as a tear drop, frozen in a time. A time when I thought we had a lot of time. A time when we postponed the joys we thought we would share later.
This morning, the day-lilies you planted five years ago broke the dirt looking for sun. When I sit by your stone for hours, I sometimes hope you would do the same. Even if only for spring. That you would break the dirt. The dirt that is still cold of a long winter of dark skies and naked trees.
I do not know if you know, but the day-lilies you planted are out.

March 6, 2009

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home