Ani's Home

We lost our daughter Ani to Lupus a few days after her 12th birthday. The virtual world of the Internet helps to keep her moments alive and share them with others. The first posting was on August 2005 To read all past postings from 2005 onward, please go to https://toani.blogspot.com/ and you will see all the previous entries listed. Click on the one you wish to read.

Saturday, July 07, 2018

Holes in the Floor of Heaven ---- song by Steve Wariner, 1978




The rainy season started a couple of days ago in Arizona. The desert is ready for some moisture as we have had no rain for 8 months.

Yesterday, it rained for a while. I sat outside to feel and hear the rain and fill my senses with all the desert smells rain brings out. Even a young deer passed by with that wondering look of not knowing what to do with her suddenly wet back…

July 9 is your birthday dear daughter. If you were still among us, you would be 25 years old!

Twenty-fine! I have often tried to imagine how you would look, behave and sound with every one of the passing 13 years. All I can hear is your baby cry, your first words, your singing in the school choir, and your last words before you went into that long night:
                     “I can deal with it”

… Yesterday, when I was listening to the first rain of the season, I remembered a country song from two decades ago. It is called “Holes in the floor of heaven” and sang by Steve Wariner. Somehow, the words came back to me as I thought about you on your 25th birthday.

And there's holes in the floor of heaven,
And her tears are pouring down,
That's how you know she's watching,
Wishing she could be here now,
And sometimes when I'm lonely,
I remember she can see,
Yes, there's holes in the floor of heaven,
And she's, watching over you and me

July 8, 2018
©Vahé A. Kazandjian, 2018

"Holes in the Floor of Heaven" written by Wariner with Billy Kirsch, won the award for Song of the Year in 1998 from both the Country Music Association (CMA) and the Academy of Country Music (ACM).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home