Ani's Home

We lost our daughter Ani to Lupus a few days after her 12th birthday. The virtual world of the Internet helps to keep her moments alive and share them with others. The first posting was on August 2005 To read all past postings from 2005 onward, please go to https://toani.blogspot.com/ and you will see all the previous entries listed. Click on the one you wish to read.

Saturday, July 11, 2015

A Decade of Waiting

August 18th, 2005 I held your hand for the last time. Since then a decade has passed and, on this remembrance day, I wonder if indeed time is the best medicine. I do not know.

…I searched in my box of old 35mm negatives and found you again. Just as I do in my thoughts. Here is a picture I had not printed before. This is the girl I remember.



Then, one of the last pictures I took of you in the Intensive Care Unit. Two clowns came to cheer you up, and for a moment, you had the most beautiful laughter I have ever heard. Actually, I hear it again, in moments when the world seems difficult and unfair.





And your stone. Just a stone. 



But you always said “I can deal with it.”
Can I?

July 11, 2015
© Vahé A. Kazandjian, 2015


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home