Ani's Home

We lost our daughter Ani to Lupus a few days after her 12th birthday. The virtual world of the Internet helps to keep her moments alive and share them with others. The first posting was on August 2005 To read all past postings from 2005 onward, please go to https://toani.blogspot.com/ and you will see all the previous entries listed. Click on the one you wish to read.

Monday, July 17, 2023

18 years

 




There are days when I look at your twin brother and see how he has changed 30 years after I changed diapers for both of you. He is at his prime, a handsome man full of promises.

And I wonder how you would look 18 years after I put a lily on your coffin.

And I go to the boxes where thousands of your photos, all in B&W, are kept. I remember where and when I took each of these frozen moments. And yet, after all these years, I find one that makes me think. Makes me recall a smile, a frown, or the playfulness of a 10 years’ old girl.

Here is such a photo. I took it on the lake in Virginia where our family was blessed for a decade. There was laughter and there was life.

So, how would that smile, those hazel eyes and that blessing go? How would you look today as a 30 year old woman?

I will never know.

What we have is a cold stone to look at.



 

July 18, 2023

© Vahé Kazandian, 2023


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home