Ani's Home

We lost our daughter Ani to Lupus a few days after her 12th birthday. The virtual world of the Internet helps to keep her moments alive and share them with others. The first posting was on August 2005 To read all past postings from 2005 onward, please go to https://toani.blogspot.com/ and you will see all the previous entries listed. Click on the one you wish to read.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

From the Other Side of The Planet

I am late. I meant to write when I wanted to write. Yet I am late, but here I am, little girl who never kissed behind the school gym or in the open, when all were looking.
I have been thinking about you more intensely. Perhaps because we have been seeing a lot of your classmates lately. They have grown up, you know. They are as tall now as you were when they were just short , little kids. You were always different; you stood out in the crowd; you grew up too quickly; and you died too soon..
Well, some of your classmates have boyfriends now. They kiss in public. They have “goo-goo” eyes. When you were 8 years old, I used to worry that you will do all these things one day. That you will embrace boys I did not like; that you would be late to come home on Saturday nights. Now, I wish I had had the chance to be worried like that. Once. And that you had the chance to be late one Saturday night.
I am late. I meant to write sooner.
November 15, 2009
Seoul, Korea
(I was cleaning my desk and found this handwritten note to Ani.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home