Ani's Home

We lost our daughter Ani to Lupus a few days after her 12th birthday. The virtual world of the Internet helps to keep her moments alive and share them with others. The first posting was on August 2005 To read all past postings from 2005 onward, please go to https://toani.blogspot.com/ and you will see all the previous entries listed. Click on the one you wish to read.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Morning Breath

I woke up old
From a sleepless night
My hands still tepid of the cold
Gift you kept in your promise to fight

There was no wind from the North
The lights were dimmed inside
We knew time was for a night flight
Yet time was now a silent process

I read “Where The Wild Things Are
So we can both dream that night
Of furry beasts and happy ends
We both knew could not be yours

Today I woke up old
Knowing you will never grow old
For my hands could not change the fear
You had of leaving all that was dear

I called you without promises
Like a story only books can tell
But that I will always be there
Living the last tremor of your hand

When you let my hand
Go

July 17, 2013
A day before the 8th year since Ani's death

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home